New Brunswick Offering Nurses Extra Pay and a Signing Bonus as an Incentive to Fill Critical Care Positions
New Brunswick is offering urgent incentives to nurses to try and fill critical care positions in E.R’s and I.C.Us around the province. The move comes a the many intensive care units and emergency departments are facing a staffing crisis, and with the province also projecting COVID-19 hospitalizations to increase by the hundreds over the coming weeks.
Under the program, any nurse who signs up to work anywhere there is a critical care shortage will be offered:
- a one-time payment of $1,000
- an hourly wage in accordance with the nurses union’s collective agreement
- an additional $1,000 premium per 37.5 hours worked, pro-rated
- compensation for travel and meal expenses
- paid accommodations if required and child-care services at the deployment location for children under age 12 years, if required.