Pauline Diotte Running for Councillor-Conseillére – Dalhousie
My name is Pauline Diotte and I am running for 2 positions for the May 10, 2021 Elections:
Regional Health Authority A-6 Region 5
(Dalhousie Clinic, Jacquet River Clinic, Campbellton Regional Hospital, Restigouche Hospital and E.I. Murray Clinic Campbellton)
Dalhousie Town Councillor
I have been involved in Committees since 2004.
- Save Dalhousie Hospital.
- 4 palliative beds in Dalhousie, 8 dialyses chairs. (kidneys)
- Road Block 2004 and lots of meetings.
- IWAK Committee. (Injured Workers Advisory Commitee) – 2016-Present
- Voice for injured workers.
I worked at the Dalhousie Hospital in the environment department in 2004.
I worked at the Campbellton Regional Hospital from 2005 to 2013. (Patient Care)
I was elected President of my Local 833 (Hospital Union) for 8 years.
- I went to multiple meetings with the Regional Health Authority Boards.
- I went to multiple protests to stop the sale of NB Power.
- I went to multiple protests to stop the closures of our hospitals in NB.
- I was elected Vice President for 1252 (Hospital Union) for 1 year.
- I attended a few meetings at the Dalhousie town hall.
I have long worked for a positive change in Restigouche County. Myself and my family feel that it’s time for me to seek elected office. I would like to bring my fresh ideas and find good solution on the Regional Health Authority Board – Region 5 or as Councillor of Dalhousie.
As you can see, I have been very concerned about our health care on how our hospitals have been running because I did work in that environment (Medical Field) and I do have first hand knowledge on how the facilities are running.
I believe that there are working solutions that will enhance our health care if we would only listen to the complaints properly.
My goal is to use my experience and knowledge to listen to the community concerns and to try to make things better for everyone.